1. His real name is Wallace Chirumiko
2. Born in Zimbabwe on 1 February 1983 in Harare’s ghetto, Kambuzuma.
3. Winky D failed to perform at President Robert Mugabe’s inauguration gala held in August 2013 at the National Sports Stadium following contrasting statements about the musician’s whereabouts during the event.
4. Winky D had ‘beefs’ with then popular dancehall artists such as Madcom and Daddy D.They had back and forth lyrically which he emerged as a victor en-route to become the most popular zim-dancehall act.
5. In 2011, Winky D made his debut at the Monash Beer fest Carnival in Johannesburg, South Africa performing alongside Black Coffee, Cabo Snoop, Winky D, Dj Snypes, Dj Leks, TshepNOZ and Sipho, Dj Luo, Kay Mack.
6. With the help of Bartholomew Vera of BlackLab Records, Winky D went into the recording studio. His first songs in like Rasta and Head Inna War coupled by his ingenious stage performance set the dance floors very busy. Ever since Winky D has not turned back, he has released five albums with many charts hits which made him fans across the world, evidenced with successful tours in United Kingdom and South Africa.
7. Winky D’s Disappear Hit Made It To The BBC Extra Top 5, It Became Number 1 A Week Later.