Man rapes lover, forces friend to rape her too while he watches


In a story that sounds like a script plucked from the devil’s notebook, a man from Nkayi, Matabeleland North teamed up with his friend and allegedly lured his girlfriend into a bush where he assaulted her with a switch, raped her twice accusing her of being a prostitute before locking her in the house for three days

Zenzo Sibanda (32) of Badala Village and his friend Lethubuhle Ncube (19) last week appeared before Inyathi magistrate Mr Stephen Ndlovu facing two counts of rape. They were remanded in custody to 10 June for trial.

Prosecuting, Mr Zivanai Hlomayi said on 15 May 2016 at around 7am the woman was alone at her home when Sibanda and Ncube arrived and lured her to a nearby bush.


“Since Sibanda is the woman’s boyfriend, she did not suspect anything and thus she did not resist. While in the bush, Sibanda took a switch and assaulted her several times all over her body accusing her of prostitution. “After that he gave his friend Ncube a 25 cent bond coin and ordered him to go and buy condoms at Badala shop and he did,” he said.

The court heard that when Ncube came back with the condoms Sibanda ordered the woman to get tree branches and spread them on the ground, which she did in fear of being assaulted since Sibanda was still holding the switch.

“Sibanda then asked the woman to choose between being assaulted the whole day with a switch or having sexual intercourse with both Sibanda and his friend. The woman pleaded with Sibanda and he threatened to burn her with petrol.

Sibanda ordered the woman to lie on the ground where she had spread the tree branches and also told Ncube to wear a condom and have sexual intercourse with the woman. He threatened to assault Ncube with a switch if he refused to comply so he had sex with Sibanda’s girlfriend,” said Mr Hlomayi.

“Sibanda watched Ncube as he had sexual intercourse with his girlfriend. He then ordered his girlfriend to hold a tree trunk while bending down before he had sexual intercourse with her, without protection and without her consent.

“After that he then ordered Ncube to have sexual intercourse with the woman for the second time. The woman tried to dress up but Sibanda stopped her,” said Mr Hlomayi.

The court heard that Sibanda ordered Ncube to put on a condom and have sexual intercourse with the woman again. Since he was holding the switch Ncube complied and he had sexual intercourse with the woman without her consent.

“After that Sibanda took the woman to the tree trunk and had sexual intercourse with her for the second time, without her consent and without protection.

“He then took the woman to his house where he kept her for three days but did not rape her again. After three days the woman managed to escape and went back to her village where she related the ordeal to her aunt,” said Mr Hlomayi.

They reported the matter at Inyathi Police Station and the woman was referred to Inyathi District Hospital for medical examination.


Comment with your Facebook