Special Conditions of the New Permits – #ZEP and How to Apply – Only #ZSP holders Allowed… The Minister of Home Affairs is live and just announced the special requirements for Zimbabweans to apply for permits. These conditions only apply to the people who hold the ZSP Permits.
DHA Minister announces the opening of the new Zimbabwean Exemption Permit
The Conditions of the new
#ZEP dispensation. It entitles the holder to work/study and/or conduct business.
Note: that the new
#ZEP dispensation is open for valid #ZSP holders only
#ZEP should be submitted online from 15 September 2017 to 30 November 2017
The new permits will cost R1090 for administration fees… See all requirements:
Implementation of ZEP is as follows
- The new Zimbabwean Exemption Permit (ZEP) project will begin on 15 September 2017.
- The ZEP is open for valid ZSP permit-holders only.
- We advise prospective applicants to submit applications online, from 15 September 2017, through the VFS website: www.vfsglobal.com/ZEP/SouthAfrica/
- Cut-off date for submission of applications is 30 November 2017.
- An administrative fee of R1090 will be charged
- ZEP permits will be issued for a maximum period of Four (4) years, effective from 01 January 2018 and expiring on 31 December 2021, notwithstanding the date of application.
- Thereafter applicants will be allocated appointments for the required submission of fingerprints and supporting documents to VFS, from 01 October 2017. The relevant VFS offices are listed at the end of the statement.
An applicant will be required to submit the following:
- A valid Zimbabwean passport.
- Evidence of employment – in case of an appication for work rights.
- Evidence of Business – in case of an application for business rights
- Evidence of an admission letter from a recognised learning institution – in the case of an application for study rights.
Conditions of the ZEP Permit
- Does not entitle the right ro apply for permanent residence irrespective of the period of stay in the Republic of South Africa.
- Will not be renewable / extendable.
- Does not allow a holder to change conditions of hiss/her permit while in South Africa.
- ZSP permit holders who wish to convert their status to any other mainstream visa should apply timeously for such visa from within SA provided they meet all the requirements for that visa.
- A ZSP applicant will be allowed to travel using the ZEP receipt and the expired ZSP permit until such time as the ZEP permit is issued, without being declared undesirable.